Amen
Thursday, May 19, 2011
Heavy Heart
My heart feels like I have a ton of bricks crushing it. I just have to tell you that sometimes I am simply flat-out mean to my oldest son, Carson. I am often impatient and quick to throw back some smart comment. The end result is feeling full of it! I could just kick myself for chipping away at his spirit. We haven't started Summer yet and I am right on track with him;( I decided the only solution for me was to gather up some armor=God's word! Proverbs 16:24 reminds me of the pleasant words that are sweet as a honeycomb to the soul and healing to the bones. Then Proverbs 15:4 the tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit. Finally, do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29
Dear God,
Please help me choose pleasant words when instructing Carson. Please remove and replace the trigger inside of me that spouts out those negative statements. I need your help Lord daily to boost this little guy towards you. Guide my tongue and lead my heart towards all that is helpful and encouraging. May our team effort bring all the benefits needed in developing a strong foundation! I love Carson dearly and desire all blessings you have in store for him. Thank you in advance for your help! I love you!
In Jesus Name
Amen
Amen









