My unveiling began 9 years ago when I saw something magical in my husband's sister, MaryBeth. I knew I wanted what she had but I was uncertain and frankly scared of how to start my journey. MaryBeth was so passionate and knowledgeable about God. I had cracked open the bible a few times and it was completely foreign to me. How would I ever come to know and love God the way she did? Finally the day came when I felt this propelling urge to ask her all about her faith. As we were land marked on her parents bed, I eventually invited Jesus into my heart. MaryBeth was ELATED!!! I was so excited too! This blog is my journey with God. My hope is to share with you intimately what He has shown me over the years; even before I knew Him! Past~Present and Future...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!! My walk with God!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

The EYES have it~

I was finally going to get my car serviced today even if it meant bringing Lukey's friend with us! We arrived at the Honda dealership without a hitch. The children were having a blast together and were quick to get settled into the lobby chairs. I found my seat and immediately noticed him. My gosh! This older gentleman had the most beautiful---big---blue eyes you have ever seen! On top of that they were just so shiny!!!! I was already feeling the urge to say something when I decided to get a bag of complimentary popcorn instead. I extended the offer to Mr. Blue eyes and he accepted. When I sat back down he shared some dark chocolate with me. We chatted some about how good dark chocolate is and how he doesn't really care for milk chocolate. We talked about family, kids, life, and God. At one point he looked at me with the cutest little curvy smile and asked me if I knew Jesus as my Lord and Savor? YES I do!!! The flood gates really opened now in our conversation. We had the most intimate conversation amongst all the other action going on in the lobby. I have never listened more intently.  This little sweetie was surely an angel! We both experienced some wetness in our eyes during our hour together. At one point I was almost feeling upset inside thinking about all the other people around me who were missing out. My thought was...Don't they see him??


They just don't slice them any cuter. Those blues eyes landed on mine and he said, "so your my sister!" I wish you all could meet him. My new angel friend has a name: Leonard. Leonard is such a bright light for the LORD! He loves Him soooo  much!  One thing that has broken Leonard's heart is the loss of his beautiful wife Eleanor. She passed in 2007 after a long battle with cancer. At one point in our conversation Leonard pulled out of his satchel a bundle of envelopes. Enclosed are love letters to his beloved Eleanor. He gave me a copy of one the poems and letters!


I walked with Leonard out to his little Honda Fit car.  He just had to tell me that he loves to give HUGS!!! He was talking to the right person!!!! I gave him several hugs and kisses.......Driving home was exciting but sad for me too! I was already missing him! He told me he loved me (I know it is true) He told me he would pray for me and my family (I know he will) I told him I would keep in touch a pray for him too! I also wanted to share his heart with you all~:0) Enjoy the love and pass it on. I would only ask that if you feel moved to.....would you send my angel friend a note on how his letter has touched you? I pray you will all "see" what God sees! AMEN!!


August 18,2007



Dear Eleanor,
I wish I could find words to describe how much I love you, how much I care about you, and how much you mean to me. My life would be so empty without you. When I'm not near you, I feel so lonely. I believe I fall in love with you anew each day. You mean so much to me. We have spent most of our lives together and we have so many memories. God has blessed us. When we got married there were three partners. You and I, and the Lord. He made it all possible. If there is such a thing or person as a female angel, then I married one. You are my angel. God gave us a house, but you made it a home. We are surrounded by things that you have touched, you have made with your own hands. You have done so much in my life, I am so grateful to you. You made me a father. You gave me sons who bear my name. And I know you risked your life in doing so. There is a song that goes: 
"You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know dear, how much I love you, Please don't take my sunshine away." 
We are in our September years, our days are growing shorter. And the shadows of night linger on. Please go with me, we still have a way to go. I need you by my side. There are seeds to sow. There are souls to win. There are people to love. There is hurting to hug. Some day we will lay our sleeves at Jesus' feet and hope and pray that not one will be missing. That we somehow did accomplish what the Lord has done for us. Our life has been like a ride on a stage coach, out of the old west. The path was rough, we covered much ground. Satan sent bandits all along to destroy our work. But you were my faithful partner. You rode shotgun with me. And I was never alone when you were with me. We stopped along the way, many times, to pick up strangers. People who hurt, people who needed someone to love them. People who've lost their way. People who just gave up because they could go no further. We helped them along the way because they were worthy. Jesus loved them. Why shouldn't we? Hopefully we took them to their destination. We have a way to go, please go with me! I want you to be my partner so long as we live. God has proved to me that one plus one can equal one. We are one. When God locked our hearts together, He kept the key. I hope he threw it away, because we will never need it. You are my faithful wife. My lifelong sweetheart. My prayer partner. My best friend and my sister in the Lord. We are now facing a difficult time in our life, your illness has brought on another trial that we will trust the Lord. The Lord's Will must be done but I will pray that He will heal you. That the people know that our God will not let us alone. Jesus said, He will never forsake you. He'll go with you 'til the end and I agree with Him, I will never leave you or forsake you. I love you so much. Thank you for being my sweetheart. You will always be, No one will take your place or could. For you're God's gift to me. I hope the day comes when the two of us can stand face to face with our Lord and I can take your hand and thank Him and tell Him how grateful I am that He chose you and saved you just for me. How wonderful. I wouldn't want it any other way. I don't know how I could change anything, but I do wish I could find words to describe how much I love you. I love you my sweetheart. I care about you. Thank you for your love. Thank you for all you've done for me. You will always be my sweetheart. Let us walk together until the Lord call us home.




All my love,
Leonard
December 24, 2007

Eleanor
God created an angel in heaven
And did it just for me

He filled her with His precious love
To share it just with me

Her heart was made of purest gold
And was designed just for me

Her life was like the Lord she loved
It was an example even to me

She shared her unselfish love for all
And that she did with me

She touched the hurting world she loved
And that included me

She fulfilled her time God set for her
And always took time for me

This angel sent from a loving God
Is now waiting just for me

She is free at last of all her pain
Her memories are left with me

Her life's partner
Leonard  


Leonard Frankhouser
P.O. Box 213
Conroe, Texas 77305

I just know it would bring so much joy to his heart to hear from you and how this has touched you!:0)


No comments:

Post a Comment