My unveiling began 9 years ago when I saw something magical in my husband's sister, MaryBeth. I knew I wanted what she had but I was uncertain and frankly scared of how to start my journey. MaryBeth was so passionate and knowledgeable about God. I had cracked open the bible a few times and it was completely foreign to me. How would I ever come to know and love God the way she did? Finally the day came when I felt this propelling urge to ask her all about her faith. As we were land marked on her parents bed, I eventually invited Jesus into my heart. MaryBeth was ELATED!!! I was so excited too! This blog is my journey with God. My hope is to share with you intimately what He has shown me over the years; even before I knew Him! Past~Present and Future...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!! My walk with God!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Emmaus April 2007

So…My question for you is…How much do you love yourself?
Today is Wednesday. I had a laundry list of things to do, which happen to include 5 loads of laundry As time clicked away, my list was shrinking. Now all I need to do is pick out an outfit for tomorrow morning and pack my suitcase for my 3 night-4day walk to Emmaus.
I was excited for my trip because my husband had gone the weekend before. He said it was life changing. I could not wait to hear more, but you see I had to wait until I went before he could share. Well, it was now time to go to bed. But not after a few Body Combat moves on my husband, Ryan. He cracked and shared two more secrets. He had three other roommates and received thirty minutes to get ready in the morning. Was this what I should anticipate? Well, off to bed…Minutes of tossing quickly turned into hours of restlessness. God revealed many concerns of his and actions I needed to take. I felt overwhelmed and grateful for the awareness. Sweet isn’t it? I must confess a fraction of my night was also concerned about Ryan’s last two mysteries. Thirty minutes to get ready…should I pack more pants. Doesn’t look like I will have time to shave my legs. Oh. And my flat-iron (LOVE IT! Just picked it up two weeks ago-a real beauty) Will I be able to do my hair?
Thursday April 25 was my last day of Renew Women’s Bible Study. I was quite excited for our celebration which always included a luncheon and time to brag on God I could not wait to put on my outfit for the day. I have this gorgeous white skirt which my husband bought me two years ago for my birthday (LOVE IT!). Yeah, I was excited! It was expected to be a wonderful day. All I needed to do now was flatiron my hair. Huh, not warming up. Do I need to reset the outlet? No… How about the other outlet? Still nothing. I say with confidence and sincerity, I knew it was God sending me a little message. Have any thoughts? I made it to Renew and my hair turned out okay. I was deeply moved that morning knowing I have truly experienced a piece of heaven this year with my sisters in Renew!

What do you spend your time thinking about? Where is your outlet?
Are you broken?

My walk to Emmaus has truly changed my life I left feeling God in my heart, and I have returned seeing the face of Jesus. Do you know Him? Have you seen Him? Brothers and sisters I have returned home with a purpose. Do you know yours yet? I shared my flat-iron story tonight at dinner with my mother and father-in-law. Are you sharing what God is doing in your life? Later that evening I decided to plug my flat-iron in and give it one last chance before I would return it. It is now 2:00am. Yep, I know, still not sleeping after a restful weekend. Guess what I found? In the middle of darkness was a tiny red light. My flat-iron was now burning hot. Here are a few more questions to ponder…

What do you plug in to?
Are you a light which can be seen in the midst of darkness?

Around 4:00 am I plugged it in once more, not because of disbelief but because I just couldn’t help seeing Him again. We laughed together and I crawled back into bed.

So, what was your answer to my first question? How much do you love yourself? If your answer was a lot friend; than I am truly delighted for you. For I have just learned this year that “I am fearfully and wonderfully made….” Psalm

My last question for you are:
How much do you love Jesus?

P.s. I was terribly afraid to write this letter. You see writing is not a strength of mine. As I began to type the words on this page; my three year old asked if he could go outside and see the butterfly.

Life Changing? Yes! I walked away feeling Him in my heart, only to return seeing Him with my eyes. I love myself, but I will die for Jesus.

Your humble servant,
Nicole Maggart