Thursday, March 31, 2011
"That" Girl
Were you ever "that" girl? Never quite measured up. What were you trying to measure up to? I guess I was always wishing for a better outward appearance. I loved what was on the inside a ton but just always wished I could just flip the inside out. I guess now that I am writing about this I suppose maybe I did succeed at that! I think I was liked by people and seemed to have plenty of friends. What people really knew back then was my heart and who I really was. Now fast forward 20 years and the message is even more clear! God does not see what the world sees (or what we see in ourselves). God sees us under a microscope and still thinks we are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! He cares about what is going on inside of us; where the true beauty is. I still have days when I get choked up thinking that I once thought I would never find anyone. I just really thought I might be alone forever! My first boyfriend was when I was 18 and he was..well...lets just say not what God really wanted for me. My dating days began to pick up a little when I went to college but I kept dating the supposed "hotties." AWFUL for me! I really lost myself in this season of my life. Not the proudest moments for me but God was still there with me. I remember thinking one day that I should find someone who treats me special and to stop looking on the outside. Two weeks later I met my knight in shining armor!!!! I know what you are thinking...I looked past the outward appearance...NOPE! He was actually adorable, cute, and handsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just knew he was my special little package! I did not know God at the time but I just knew that for some reason he wanted to give me this gift!! Lord, Thank you! Thank you! Thank YOU! Ryan has been the best gift in my entire life and YOU were there to give him to me!!! He is an angel on this earth! I love HIM! I just pray that you will bless him and keep him safe all the days of his life!









