Thursday, June 2, 2011
The Last Song*
This happened a couple years ago and I was laughing about it this morning. I was thinking I should probably share the laugh with you guys! It was one of those Sundays where you are rushing and dragging your kids out of the house in order to make it on time to church. Ryan was working, so after checking my kiddos into the nursery I headed into the main sanctuary for the Sunday service. Rob Renfroe was preaching that day. I wish I could remember the entire sermon, but I think the main juice of it was when God moves~>YOU move! We are all called for something greater than what the world claims as great! Once the sermon was complete and a prayer covered us all, the band kicked in high gear! I was sitting by myself, innocently listening and taking mental notes of the sermon when it hit me like a waterfall! My heart starting beating so fast and I have to tell you that I pleaded with God to not do this. This was really going to be weird! By the second song I had not other choice other than follow those heart beats. I left my seat and headed straight for the front where the band was playing. You should have seen our pastors face as I traveled the long path to the front. I could tell he was wondering what in the world I was doing!I grabbed one of God's best clappers from the front row and swung him around to face the massive crowd. The stranger and I raised our hands high and clapped until the song was finished. I started crying afterwards and then made it back to my seat. It was to say the least...overwhelming. I not only felt amazing for doing it, but I felt retarded and embarrassed! I have to say that I do LOVE these moments. God just gets me! He knows how to reach me all the way down to my core! He moved in me that day, so I decided to MOVE with Him! When was the last time you MOVED? I think He asks us all the time...Are we listening? (I told my husband about what happened and he said he would have tried to tackle me down. We have such different walks with the Lord! Don't we all?)









