My unveiling began 9 years ago when I saw something magical in my husband's sister, MaryBeth. I knew I wanted what she had but I was uncertain and frankly scared of how to start my journey. MaryBeth was so passionate and knowledgeable about God. I had cracked open the bible a few times and it was completely foreign to me. How would I ever come to know and love God the way she did? Finally the day came when I felt this propelling urge to ask her all about her faith. As we were land marked on her parents bed, I eventually invited Jesus into my heart. MaryBeth was ELATED!!! I was so excited too! This blog is my journey with God. My hope is to share with you intimately what He has shown me over the years; even before I knew Him! Past~Present and Future...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!! My walk with God!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Ultimate Wash!

Today is Sunday! Only one day later from my last post. I woke up this morning thirsty for God. I prayed  first thing and jotted down as many prayers in my journal that my wrists could tolerate (P90X, sleeping with hands folded in, and all my typing this week has left me feeling crippled). Before lunch I washed my dishes and soaked in more of God's word on my ipod. All morning I have been praying for God to just help me get out of the way! I really need to stop being so aware of myself...and stop walking around with my empty cup begging for others to fill it....
After lunch, I grabbed my boys and ran a few errands. First Cvs-I bought two right-handed wrist stabilizers/needed to exchange one. Then the bank, gas station, Home Depot and finally the the car wash. On my way to the car wash I was seriously thinking about fasting to get myself into a deeper spot with God. I am willing to do what it takes to rid myself of this algae that seems to want to stick to me! We arrive at the car wash and I plop myself down on the couch in the waiting room. Within five minutes a woman claimed her spot right next to me. She was about to open her magazine when she asked if I had just had carpal tunnel surgery? (I did! I had them on at the car wash. I am sure I was a sight for sore eyes, but driving even bothers my wrists). She began sharing with boldness and confidence, her love for God and what he has done in her life. She gave God all the glory for his great works in her life (healing, hope, a journey, life!). With tears in her eyes she even told me how much God loves me. Every word was another cheer to press on and don't stop; He is worth it! 
This morning I read the passage in Matthew 14, when Jesus walks on water and invites Peter to join him. Peter went first without hesitation, but then noticed the wind and looked down at the waves; he started to sink. My mind kept replaying this over and over. That is exactly what I am doing by worrying about my weaknesses.
My new sister in Christ told me again what God told me this morning...Spending time alone with God equips us to meet life's challenges and struggles. This was not an accident that I met this amazing woman today. I truly believe God is walking with us everyday. Sometimes He sends earthly angels to spur us on! 

Deborah,
I can't wait to talk again! Thank you for sharing your wisdom and love for God with me today! You really did give me the "ultimate wash!"  I felt an instant connection with you. Thank you, thank you for opening your heart with me today! I can't wait to share more moments of wet eyes with you!~:0))))

No comments:

Post a Comment