My unveiling began 9 years ago when I saw something magical in my husband's sister, MaryBeth. I knew I wanted what she had but I was uncertain and frankly scared of how to start my journey. MaryBeth was so passionate and knowledgeable about God. I had cracked open the bible a few times and it was completely foreign to me. How would I ever come to know and love God the way she did? Finally the day came when I felt this propelling urge to ask her all about her faith. As we were land marked on her parents bed, I eventually invited Jesus into my heart. MaryBeth was ELATED!!! I was so excited too! This blog is my journey with God. My hope is to share with you intimately what He has shown me over the years; even before I knew Him! Past~Present and Future...Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!! My walk with God!

Friday, July 8, 2011

His Voice

The first time I heard the voice of God was a stormy night about 7 years ago. It was the night of a womens conference at our church. The weeks leading up to this event, I had been actively searching for the face of God. I knew He was real, but I just needed a sign. I kept looking up in the sky for a cloud to move suddenly or something, not really sure what I wanted. I just know I needed to know He was really out there watching over me. I left the womens conference that night and once again was searching. My music was playing in the background as my mind searched and replayed the truths I learned that night. Somehow, as much as I tried to do my own brainstorming, one thought kept protruding into my head, "I Love You." It just would not stop! Even when I tried to move on to another thought, here it would come again with more force..."I Love YOU! I made it all the way home, pulled into my driveway and then stopped. I didn't even open my garage door yet. As odd as this may sound...I felt I was supposed to just sit there in the stillness....and wait. A few minutes later~> The roof of my house was lit up by heat lightning (not on fire) but just highlighted! I look around to see if it was happening all around me...nope! I could not believe it! It was HIM! I know it was! I didn't know many people in the area when this amazing thing happened, but I wanted to share it. My first thought was my dad, but I was afraid he may think I have lost it. So I called my newly found "Sister in Christ," Kerri Bigler. She totally got it, and celebrated with me. (I really wasn't loosing my mind)
Fast forward......6 years later.....I can't believe how much He loves me! God has been so invested in my little seed that it brings me to my knees. In 7 years He has masterfully put my broken pieces back together and created something beautiful out of wreckage~ I have never felt more empowered by the "Spirit" than I do now. He ENGULFS my heart with a passion that can only be a part of His heart! I am not sitting in the corner anymore, nor standing on the sidelines. I am not even walking. I am running at full speed toward my Father's arms. I want to serve Him with my whole heart, and if that means leaving myself behind, then I will! He does want it all, even our "limitations." I have decided to Fed Ex my "insecurities" and  replace, replace, replace with God's truths! God's word reminds us that He has given us everything we need in relation to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3) Wherever our paths have taken us, it is no surprise to God. He didn't forget to give us the skills and gifts, patience and talents that we would need to be successful right where we are. Before we were born, He knew us, consecrated us, and appointed us (Jeremiah 1 5:6) I am royalty, and so are YOU~> A true JEWEL in His crown and Daughter of the KING!!! AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment