Wednesday, March 2, 2011
The highlighted smile:0)))))
Today was such a sweet day with my angel bud Leanord. I'm glad Ryan's mom was with me to see just how special he is! My first witness of God's affections! I am really not going crazy!:) After leaving Leanord we were on our way to pick up my little Lukey from school and then hit Sam's Club for a few things. As soon as we walked in I SAW him! My sweet little check-out guy was working the exit!!! I gotta tell you that I have never shopped so fast. I was literally chucking stuff in my cart so I could make sure I saw him. You see...I have been carrying a card in my purse for 3 weeks in anticipation of seeing this little sweetie! I would say he is in his 20's and wheelchair bound. His brightness could power up all of Sam's Club. I find myself thinking of him often. I SEE him! Today was finally my chance to share with him just how special he was! As we approached the receipt clearing exit my heart began to pound. I had my card in hand...ready to give...Nana and I handed him our receipts with the anticipation of that glorious highlighted smiley face....................WHAT! No SMILEY face!!!! Today he just put a SCRATCH on my paper! I handed him my card and gave him the biggest hug I could give. I teased him for not giving us the smiley face! His expression was PRICELESS! What did I put in his card? My hope was that he not only felt loved and special today but everyday for the rest of his life! Who is this guy? KENNETH!!! You better give that boy a big squeeze if you ever see him! Who have you seen lately????









