Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Las Vegas~ 2 Years Ago
Oh Yeah! Las Vegas baby! What happens here stays here right? Ryan and I decided to take a couple days and travel here for some fun loving! We ate at some incredible restaurants and even tried foi gras! Which for the record was disgusting! We saw the Blue Man group and many beautiful hotels. But mostly we just enjoyed each others company and reconnected like old times. Our days were usually filled with lots of walking and it was pretty typical to see homeless people scattered about begging for money. It wasn't until our last day that I saw him. We were already down the escalator when my heart was being squeezed. I asked Ryan for some money and he was not exactly Mr. Cooperative. He fussed with me a bit and then finally forked over some money. I shot back up the escalator and met up with this gentle soul hunched at the corner of the bridge. I sat down and began chatting with him. I asked him about his family and honestly I didn't waist time asking him if he knew Jesus. He replied with a confident yes. As the tears filled my eyes I was quick to relay the message of how much God loves and adores him. We ended our conversation with a prayer and kiss on his head. I handed him the money and off I went back down the escalator to meet up with Ryan again.
Back home I began unpacking and realized that not everything stays in Vegas. I will never forget Don. He is one of God's children. He is someones son, father, uncle, grandpa......He is one of God's beloved~ Who knows what Don did with the money after I left him. Does it even matter? There was message he needed to hear....You are loved! Your are precious! You are not forgotten~
Can you just imagine how many people are out there who feel like they have been forgotten. Hard to believe there are brothers and sisters out there who do know Jesus personally and yet are still empty. What are we to do? I say get BUSY!!! God's sweeties are everywhere! Each one of us can make a generational difference!!! God has put a special request on each one of our hearts. What is He saying to yours??? GET BUSY!! Have FUN! Share HIS LOVE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment