Wednesday, March 9, 2011
The Perfect Pedicure
I LOVE getting pedicures! My addiction started about 6 years ago over at Nails of America. I grew attached to Hannah. She is such a doll! By now she just feels like family. It was a nice Spring day when I was enjoying my luxurious pedicure when I saw this tall woman walk in with a sweater that resembled the color of this background. My first thought was, "great sweater!" My next thought was how striking she was. After about 20 minutes I was gently tucked under the foot dryer and Mrs. Blue Sweater was right next to me. It took less than a minute for God to nudge me. This was one that I really tried to ignore because I knew it was going to be awkward. Well...I went ahead and did it anyway. I said, "excuse me...I just wanted to tell you that I think you are absolutely beautiful but as funny as this sounds I feel like God wants me to tell you how beautiful He thinks you are." She was quiet for a minute and then opened up like a spring rose bud! After so much hurt and years of heartache a divorce was the outcome. She was just now getting out and had just recently started going back to church. She even found a really nice single group to connect with at her church. Uncomfortable? YES! Worth it? YES! She was suppose to hear how God feels about her. We are all messengers! God needs us to deliver His heart! He is counting on you! If you feel strange and uncomfortable doing something then you are on the right track!!! People will think you are weird if you are serving yourself but when you serve the LORD wholeheartedly=SUCCESS=MISSION Accomplished. (people may think you are weird regardless:) but WHO CARES! Ha! Ha!)
I saw Mrs. Blue Sweater not long ago at Black Walnut. I asked her if she remembered how beautiful she was? It took her a minute to figure out who I was but weird or not...I did what I was called to do. I feel good about it! God is at work everywhere! Even at the nail salon!









